Become an Affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association
Earning your MicroMasters® Program Credential makes you eligible to become an affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association. You will be able to interact and network with fellow credential-holders.
Benefits of affiliate status include:
- An official Infinite Connection account on the MIT Alumni Association website
- Access to an online directory of fellow MicroMasters® program credential holders
- Invitations to some MIT Alumni Association events
- Access to the library journals available through JSTOR and EBSCO
- Eligible to receive 15% discount off a verified track enrollment in any MITx online course offered on edX.org. You can enroll in a course and learn at no cost, or aim to earn a verified certificate of completion for a low fee. Contact the MIT Alumni Association to learn more.
- Eligibility for 10% off all MIT Press publications (print books and e-books)
- Digital subscriptions to MIT Technology Review*
*Offered to you when you make a gift of $100 or more to MIT annually.
Your affiliate status gets you an Infinite Connection account. When enrollment is available, we will send you an email with instructions on how to create an Infinite Connection account, and a link to account creation.
Get a Free Subscription to MIT Horizon
MicroMasters program credential earners who are looking to understand and apply the latest developments in emerging technology can now claim a free year-long subscription to MIT Horizon, a digital library with exclusive original content, featuring the latest developments from MIT and beyond.
After learners have passed their final exams and earned their MicroMasters program credential, they will receive an email from our team about their new MicroMasters program credential holder benefits. Eligible learners will receive this email three times a year: in January, June, and August. This email will include a form that learners must complete within the month, to receive an account setup email from MIT Horizon. Once the form is completed, learners will receive a follow up instructional email from MIT Horizon within 10-15 business days. MIT Horizon subscriptions activate on the first day of the following month, and last for one full year.
Program Specific Benefits
- Supply Chain Management: Learners who complete the MicroMasters program in Supply Chain Management will be eligible for special discounts for the Bootcamps program, conferences, and events hosted by the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics. For more details, please visit the MIT CTL website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association?
An affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association is a participant in a special program that has a formal connection with an MIT academic program that has been recognized by an MIT department, dean and/or the provost.
When will I be able to become an affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association?
After learners earn the MicroMasters program credential, they will be able to enroll as an affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association (MITAA). MITAA onboards new members three times a year. Depending on when your final exam is, you will be receiving an email from MITAA in late January, May, or July.
How do I become an affiliate of the MIT Alumni Association?
When enrollment is available, we will send you an email with instructions on how to create an Infinite Connection account, and a link to account creation.
What is an Infinite Connection account?
Your journey to accessing all of your benefits and offerings begins with your Infinite Connection (IC) account. This online portal provides a hub for MicroMasters program credential holders. On IC, you can search the directory, connect with fellow MicroMasters program credential holders, and keep your professional and personal info up-to-date.
Where do I ask more questions?
Please contact email@example.com.