IMPORTANT PROGRAM UPDATES
We have been working on upgrades to our MicroMasters program and are excited to share upcoming changes that will improve the learner experience and continue delivering career-changing opportunities to learners around the world.
- Transition to one Comprehensive Final Exam (CFx) proctored to earn the MicroMasters Program in Finance credential
- Instead of one proctored exam per course (5 total), learners will now take one proctored comprehensive final exam (CFx)
- The CFx will be offered two times per year
- Learners who have already earned one or more course certificates by passing course-level exams will have two options for earning the MicroMasters program credential: they may either follow their current path by taking one proctored exam per course, or they may opt to take the CFx at no extra cost (see "Transition period for certificate holders" below for more information)
- Learners who are new to the program, or who have not earned a course certificate as of September 2023, and wish to earn the program credential will take the CFx after earning a certificate in all 5 courses in the program
- In order to qualify for the CFx, learners must earn a certificate in all 5 courses in the program
- A timed exam will replace the proctored exam in each course, and courses will still grant certificates to learners who earn a passing score
- The CFx will have a standalone registration process, and its cost will align with the cost of other courses in the program ($549)
- Learners who purchased the program bundle or have earned at least one course certificate prior to September 20, 2023 may take one CFx at no cost through the end of 2025
- Pricing increase
- There will be a pricing adjustment effective from September 20, 2023. This will be the first price adjustment since the program's inception in 2020
- Effective September 20, 2023 the price of each course, including the Comprehensive Final Exam (CFx), will be $549
- The new price of the program, when purchased as a bundle with the 10% bundle discount, will be: $2,964.60
Transition period for certificate holders
Current MicroMasters Program in Finance learners who have earned at least one certificate prior to September 2023 have two paths to earning the program credential:
- Continue taking the proctored exams after each remaining course. Pass all remaining courses and associated proctored exams to earn the program credential by the end of Summer 2024, or,
- Pass the Comprehensive Final Exam (CFx), a single proctored exam that tests learners on content from all five courses. Learners who have earned at least one course certificate prior to September 20, 2023 may take the CFx at no extra cost through the end of 2025.
The option to take end-of-course proctored exams will be available through the Summer 2024 semester, after which the Comprehensive Final Exam will be required to earn the program credential.
More details will be emailed to eligible learners in September 2023.
Below is the schedule of upcoming courses offering course-level proctored exams to certificate holders:
|Course||Course Start Date||Proctored Exam Period|
|Foundations of Modern Finance I||September 20, 2023||December 2023|
|Derivatives Markets: Advanced Models and Strategies||September 20, 2023||December 2023|
|Foundations of Modern Finance II||January 3, 2024||April 2024|
|Financial Accounting||April 1, 2024||June 2024|
|Mathematical Methods for Quantitative Finance||June 27, 2024||September 2024|
Future Course Dates
Courses delivered on