Comprehensive Final Exam
arrow_drop_down What is the comprehensive final exam (CFx)?
The CFx is the Comprehensive Final Exam for the MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management. To qualify for the CFx a learner must have completed and passed all five SCx courses as an ID verified learner, using the same username.
The exam consists of two 120-minute tests, Exam I and Exam II. Once a learner begins Exam I, they must complete both exams within 12 hours. Virtual test takers will use the Software Secure proctoring software to be virtually proctored through edX. See the "When will the next course be run?" FAQ for updates to the exam schedule. Course staff will notify qualified learners when they become eligible.
arrow_drop_down What will the Final Capstone Exam be like?
Virtually proctored learners will take the exam from their own computers and be able to open each section of the exam for two hours.
The exam is designed to test broad learning across the five courses. The questions are designed according to the limitations presented in the exam: limited time, no additional software, and limited accessibility. The main purpose is to test your understanding of the key concepts from all five courses. Questions will be a mix of multiple choice, fill in the blank, and short answer. A score of 60% will be considered passing.
arrow_drop_down What is a proctored exam?
A proctored exam is a supervised exam taken online or in person. Though the CFx will be given primarily online, the course team reserves the right to offer an in-person option if needed. A proctor ensures the security and integrity of the exam process. A proctor is a liaison between edX and its students to ensure that testing is done under fair and secure conditions. The proctor’s main responsibilities include verifying a government-issued photo ID, monitoring learners during the exam to ensure they do not use unauthorized aides and ensuring learners follow the instructions outlined by the instructor.
arrow_drop_down What will I need for the exam?
- A government-issued photo ID that clearly identifies you by your full name, and that can be used to confirm their identity
- A computer that meets all system requirements to use the edX platform and has been tested with the virtual proctoring software. (Sample proctored trial tests are offered in advance of the CFx)
- Key Concepts Document of all five courses will be provided through the testing platform. Download here
- Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc blank documents (no additional software will be required or allowed for the CFx)
- Your computer calculator will be allowed
- You will be allowed a two-sided blank piece of paper and pen or pencil
arrow_drop_down What do I need to be aware of with virtual proctoring software?
- Computers used for virtual proctoring must comply with these systems requirements.
- For virtual test takers, Windows XP and Microsoft Surface laptops do not work with the virtual proctoring software. Please find an alternative to use for the CFx.
- Students will not need software other than Microsoft Excel or LibreOffice Calc.
- More details on virtual proctoring can be found at the edX student guide.
arrow_drop_down Why do we need a final exam if we passed all the courses?
Whether you intend to earn the MicroMaster credential or continue on to pursue an in-person program, the credential is designed to be equivalent to one semester of work in the MIT SCM on-campus program. In order to meet application requirements for competitive admission to the MIT SCMb and to other universities that accept the credential for campus credit, the course offers one final assessment in the CFx.
arrow_drop_down How should I prepare for the comprehensive final?
To prepare for the exam, you can review past courses through Quick Questions, Practice Problems, and Graded Assignments. You can use the five-course Key Concepts document in the handouts available during the exam.
arrow_drop_down What if I can't take the CFx this time? When is it offered next?
The CFx will be held twice annually. Please see the 'When will the next course be run?' FAQ above.
arrow_drop_down How long will my completed courses remain valid toward the CFx?
Courses you passed as a verified learner remain valid toward taking the CFx for up to five years. The MicroMasters credential remains valid towards any application for the SCMb program on campus for up to three years.
arrow_drop_down When is the next CFx.
Please see 'When will the next course be run' above, or download the proposed course schedule (pdf) for updated dates of the CFx here.
Future Courses Dates
Courses delivered on